Now that you have secured your venue, we move on to the other vendors your event will need. This post will be dedicated to the Wedding/Event Planner. These group of individuals are lifesavers and can handle a lot of what goes into the event. They can help with designing the day, coordinating with other vendors, invitation send out, etc. They are a talented group and are an amazing resource to have when planning your event—I for one, would recommend a planner as they can ease any stresses and deal with just about any request.
Here are a few questions to ask when meeting with and event planner:
- Are you available on my wedding date?
- What sort of services do you offer (day-of coordinator, full-service event design, or a la carte planning)? Do you have a specialty?
- How many weddings have you planned?
- Do you handle creating a timeline?
- How long are you at an event? Do you stay for the duration of the event?
- Do you handle after event clean-up?
- How many weddings will you be working on at the same time as mine?
- Have you planned any other weddings at the venue we have booked?
- Do you handle vendor services, contracts, and payment processing?
- Are there specific vendors you like to use? What is your process for selecting and hiring vendors? How are we involved?
- Do you handle guest list coordination and RSVPs?
- Do you handle rentals or do you provide in-house rentals that we can use?
- How many meetings will we have? Do you come with us to all our relevant meetings? What are the steps we will go through?
- How many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
- What happens if you’re ill or unable to be there on the day of our wedding?